Dallas Park and Recreation Department is hosting a free family-friendly health fair on Monday, Feb. 3 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Fretz Recreation Center, 6950 Beltline Road. The fair is a one-stop shop for North Texans to get cutting-edge information that addresses critical health and social issues while connecting with area organizations that deliver a wide range of health resources.
The event kicks off a specially designed wellness initiative offered at Fretz and other City of Dallas recreation centers for adults 55 and older. Texercise, a free 12-week nutrition and exercise program, is a series of incentive-based activities to encourage participants to eat healthy and do daily exercise.
Families can get information and useful tips on such topics as Medicare, Medicaid, diabetes prevention, fitness trends and nutrition. Senior adults and individuals of all ages with disabilities will find health resources tailored for their needs.
The Methodist Health System Mobile Mammography Unit will offer screenings by appointment only from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call Methodist Health Connection prior to the fair at (214) 947-0026. For event information, call Fretz Recreation Center at (214) 670-6203.
Exhibiting organizations include:
- The Cooper Institute of Dallas – Nutrition and exercise
- Susan G Komen for the Cure – Healthy diets and cancer prevention
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas – Diabetes prevention and Silver Sneakers program
- Paradigm Home Health Agency – Blood pressure screening
- Parker University Chiropractic Wellness Clinics – Spine and posture screening
- Reliv International Nutritional Supplements – Weight management
- North Texas Food Bank – Medicaid
- Advanced Hearing Center
- Blue Cross blue Shield of Texas
- City of Dallas Senior Services
- Lewisville Estates Senior Living
- Maximus Health
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension